Today I thought I would do a very simplistic post on all the books I have read since the beginning of this academic year:
1) My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
Made me cry, unexpected ending just blew me away, one of my favourite books of all time
I'm never totally keen on different points of view during a book, but I understand that in this case they were important to the story
9/10
2) The Maze Runner Trilogy - James Dashner
Kept me hooked all the way through, I absolutely loved it as I always do with Dystopian novels
The deaths really broke me into little pieces
8/10
3) The Time Traveller's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger
Beautiful tale, I enjoyed it thoroughly, left me heartbroken but satisfied.
Slightly slow paced at times
8/10
4) The Girl On The Train - Paula Hawkins
Fantastic, kept me gripped all the way through. One of those books that you want to find out the ending for but you just don't want to end.
8/10
5) Eeny Meeny - M. J. Arlidge
Brilliantly thrilling concept, satisfying ending and just kept me excited all the time
9/10
6) Hide - Lisa Gardner
Left me terrified but it was so amazing, I was gripped from the word go and there were so many twists that it was just like a roller coaster, the characters were in depth and mysterious, there were so many questions throughout that you were just desperate to know the answer to and the end most certainly did not disappoint
10/10
7) Now Is Good - Jenny Downham
I really loved this book, truly heartbreaking and it left me sobbing. Many important messages about life, living and love. A definite must read, truly inspiring. I read it in one day!
9/10
So many important morals in the story, it was captivating watching the change in both Ellie and Mikey, seeing them realise them realise what love is and the entire concept of the story sent me through so many emotions: anger, fear, happiness... It was really good
Slightly disappointing ending in my opinion as one section of the story is not resolved; however, perhaps it's best we never know what happened
7.5/10
Next: Atonement - Ian McEwan
// Jeani








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting on my blog - I love reading them and will do my best to respond as soon as possible!
Thank you // Jeani