Hey everyone!
Today I am going to break down some habits I am putting into place for isolation. There are many problems you could face being in quarantine:
- putting on weight/getting unhealthy
- boredom
- lack of motivation, therefore not achieving
- feeling lonely
- losing progress you have been making
Below I am going to list some habits you can put in place in a daily routine to challenge and hopefully solve these problems.
1. long walks
The UK government has said you can only go out for one form of exercise a day now, so it has to be worth it! Me and my mum like to go on two hour walks in the morning - especially whilst it has been so sunny.
It is important to keep up your health in this time, both physical and mental. Going on a walk with your family/friends often can open up dialogue that you would not have in your house and it means you get some fresh air. When I felt stressed at boarding school when doing my A Levels I would get up at 6am and go for a walk around the ground whilst listening to music. It was so refreshing!
2. cooking meals
Usually, you don't have the luxury of having the time to cook all your meals. I challenge you in this weird tie to cook 80% of your meals (inc. breakfast and lunch) from scratch. You learn so much this way and your meals are more likely to be healthy as your food won't be full of the fattening things companies often put in ready meals to make them taste so good.
3. yoga/HIIT
I personally use Blogilates or Yoga with Adrienne every day in order to keep fit. Short 10-20 minute videos are very easy to do and energising. This will help with keeping you fit and also you will feel that you are a part of a community working together in this strange time.
You could even set something up so that you're doing an exercise video every day with a friend, whether over FaceTime or just agreeing to work out at the same time to the same video. This means you will be accountable to your habit and forces you to be sociable at least once a day.
4. goal writing
In order to work out how to fill your present you need to keep focusing on the future. Making a five year plan or even just a 3 month plan will remind you of what is truly important to you right now. Without knowing the progress you want to have made by the end of this, you will remain stationary and potentially waste these few months off you have of free time!
5. write to a to do list
At the start of each day, I like to write what I want to have achieved by the end of it. On days where I don't do this, I tend to waste it away watching TV and regret having not made more progress with my long term goals or with things that need doing around the house.
6. READING
Of course, I could not go without saying read a book! I am trying to do 30 minutes - 2 hours of reading every day depending on the circumstances. On my channel, I am going to be launching a book club - every time I finish a book during this period I am going to do a video on my thoughts so you could do some reading along with me.
I hope this has been helpful. If you have any other questions please just let me know - I would love to hear from you
Ellie-Jean xx

Could you do a video about a study with me -am unmotivated and I love your study with me’s
ReplyDeleteHi Myah! I'm actually not studying atm as my exams are cancelled - but I'm sure I could do a makeshift one as I'm trying to maintain my French and do some reading!
Delete